Warranty is subject to the following terms and conditions:
1. The product is installed in accordance with manufacture’s published fixing recommendation at the time of installation.
2. Installation is greater than 5km from marine or industrial environment.
3. Installed pitch of the roof is equal to greater than 5 degrees above the horizontal.
4. The roof is fully lined and does not contain exposed eaves or other areas sheltered or unwashed by natural rainfall.
5. The product has an official COLORBOND steel brand.
6. All flashings and components fixed to the roof must be either manufactured from COLORBOND steel ZINCALUME steel, aluminium, zinc or other BlueScope Steel approved material in accordance with BlueScope Steel recommendations.
7. The BlueScope Steel paint finish as supplied, must not be scratched, abraded, or damage in any way, or coated with an incompatible material.
8. All fasteneners used for fixing COLORBOND steel to be in accordance with BlueScope Steel recommendations.
9. Perforations partly or wholly due to the following causes are not covered by this warranty:
(a)Mechanical, chemical, corrosion or other damage sustained during transport, handling, storage, erection or subsequent to erection.
(b)Attack from chemical agents, fumes, liquids or solids other than direct rain falling onto the product under warranty.
(c)Contact with soils, ashes, fertilizers or other moisture retaining substances.
(d)Areas in metallic contact with lead or copper or subject to the run –off from copper flashings and pipes.
(e)Failure to remove debris and/or failure to provide free drainage of water including internal condensation from all surfaces of the product.
(f)Deterioration of the panels cause by contact with green or wet timber or treated timber.
(g)Installations subject to unusually corrosive environments at any time in the future.
(h)Storm and tempest or other acts of God .
Should perforation by natural weather occur in less than the warranted period, BlueScope Steel’s liability shall be limited exclusively to the pro-rata share of the COLORBOND steel sheet for the replacement of affected portion of the product as follows.
Replacement COLORBOND steel sheet will be supplied at a discount which bears the same ratio to the then current price as that part of the warranty period not achieved bears to the full warranty period.
Raincoat shall only be liable for:
(a)the cost of replacing the product:
(b)the costof obtaining equivalent: or
(c)the cost of having the project repaired whichever is lowest
Raincoat shall not be liable for:
(a)labour cost associated with the installation or removal of affected product or the fixing of replacement sheets: or
(b)injury to persons, or damage to property or consequential losses arising from the use of the product.
Raincoat extends this warranty solely to issuing of the warranty.
This warranty is given in lieu of all other considerations or warranties expressed or implied extent that any statute applicable to this contract prevents the exclusion restrictions or modification of such conditions or warranties.